Sunday, February 20, 2011

Friday Night Sew In..confessions:)

Confessions of the Imperfect Piecer here....even though I had great plans for sewing Friday night, I felt too 'puny' to do much.  I did get this layered and pin-basted, and even started the machine quilting on it.  I want to make this into a quilted pillow case with buttons on the end.  We keep a pillow that size on our sofa most of the time, and a quilted pillow case would be so much nicer than just a regular case.  The back will just be muslin that I will quilt.  


Anyway, please excuse the picture...its just some heart blocks sewn together,  ( still needing the side borders sewn on in this pic).  The blocks are from the GO! tutorial I had here earlier this week, I am anxious to try quilting feathers on the muslin back.  I just love machine quilting! 
Note: the muslin is Moda muslin...does that make it okay?!?

I'm beginning to feel a bit better, so I plan on sewing on Sunday.  
Most of the time I'm raring to go with my sewing, but this weekend I just haven't felt up to doing 'power sewing'!

4 comments:

Daryl said...

What a good idea .. I should pay you to make me pillow cases for the 2 18 inch square pillows we have on the love seat .. right now they are naked because the cases they came in were made of wool which attracts cat hair like you wouldnt believe ..

Barbara Ann Beamer Jones said...

Deborah, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Sorry for the delay in visting yours!

I love your background - just beautiful!

Have a wonderful day!

Barbara

Average Girl said...

It's funny how much your blog has changed and evolved... It's a wonderfully peaceful blog and a lovely place to visit. I will miss you so much Deborah and I wish you nothing but happiness!

Cheers
Tracy

Mandy Saile said...

THanks so much for hopping into my blog recently.

Good Luck on your pillow case...I can't imagine having the patience to quilt & admire those who have that talent.