Friday, January 21, 2011

This-n-that and Friday Night Sew In

At 6 pm this evening, it began to snow.  It's now 9 pm and there is 2 inches of snow on the ground with 6 inches expected before midnight.  Arghhh!!  It has been so dreary, even though it was a little warmer earlier this week, I guess it has given me a case of the blues:)   To chase them away, I've been practicing my free motion quilting.  I still have a long way to go to consider myself 'practiced', but I'm finally getting the hang of maneuvering the quilt and keeping my stitches the same length.

Thursday was my little dogs, Cletus and Earl, fifth birthday!  They are so cute, I hope to have pictures of them when or if the sun ever comes out again:)

I have my pattern and my fabric for the Friday Night Sew In.  

I'm hoping this quilt turns out as cute as the picture...it is hard to see in the picture, but there are sixteen different dogs curled up together.  The pattern is "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie", and I think I will make extra blocks to make the quilt bed-sized.  I just don't know what to do with odd sized quilts:)

.I will take pictures as I construct the quilt, I hope to get most of the blocks cut out and assembled Friday Night!  I've got my tea and chocolate ready.  I think I will bake chocolate chip cookies, too:)

1 comment:

Daryl said...

That is so sweet .. I love that pattern .. especially the paw prints!